Happiness is…an inspiring thought. Santa brought me a one a day calendar. You know the kind where you only see one day at a time. On my calendar, there is an inspiring quote or thought each day and I’m really loving it. I get so excited to tear off yesterday’s quote to see what is waiting for me today. Yesterday’s quote was “Beauty is whatever gives joy.” ~ Etna St. Vincent Millay. Hmmm. Sit with that thought for a bit. Yes, I agree. Today’s quote is “Nature always wears the colors of the spirit.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson. What a lovely thought, as I look out the window. Some of these quotes will definitely be going into my Project Life spreads. What quote or thought inspires you? I wish you happiness!
Happiness is….girl time. As part of our Chicago stay-cation and to check another thing off the summer fun list, the girlies wanted to go to the American Girl Doll Store to brunch and shop.
On the table during brunch there were question cards. One question was “Would you rather be invisible or be able to fly?” Hmmm… interesting question.
Big Sis M said “Fly.” Little Miss C said “Invisible.”
And of course, I asked “Why?” cause I don’t always care about the answer. I care about the thought process and the how come.
Big Sis M said “So I can ride a broom like Harry Potter.” Aha! Makes perfect sense.
Little Miss C put on her shy smile and turned her head away. She watches everything like a hawk, but wants to be invisible. Aha! Makes perfect sense. Click here for more of the story.
In honor of Leap Day, which only happens once every four years, I’d like to celebrate the 29 days of February by sharing 29 things that make me smile. The list is random and is simply what pops into my mind next. Just 29 things that are really, deep down, always makes me smile… smile worthy things.
- Sunshine on my face
- When our girls giggle
- When Mr. Rosey walks in the door
- My Ugg slippers
- Putting my head on my pillow and falling asleep
- Pink pedicured tootsies
- The sound and smell of the ocean
- Sade “Kiss of Life”
- Hugs from Mr. Rosey and just knowing…
- My Grandma’s blueberry muffins
- Going out with girl friends
- Sandals and sundresses and carefree summers
- My sisters – there’s nothing like a sister
- Clean kitchen counters and floors
- Reading a good book
- Our girls reading books and knowing they are lovin’ it
- Pansies and hydrangeas
- In the car, listening to our girls sing out of tune and loudly, because they have headphones on and don’t know they are singing out of tune and loudly
- Sissy, Lillian and Savannah – Nieces are better than chocolate
- Chocolate anything and everything
- Chris’s smile and playfulness
- Visits from Mimi and Poppa, Patty and Nathan
- Jane Austen books
- Ice cream cones and cupcakes and cherry pie (not at the same time)
- Mary J. Blige “Just Fine”
- When I see our girls are really, truly buddies
- Birthday parties and a pretty table set for a family gathering
- Aunt Judy’s creativity with paper
- Guardian angels
Whoa! That was hard to keep the list to 29 smiley things. Once I got going, my brain took off like a rocket and my fingers couldn’t keep up with the stream of thoughts going through my mind. And yes, I know. I know I technically have more than 29 smiley things, but it’s my list and I can combo things if I want to…. so there! I’ll have to do this again, cuz there’s still more in my head.
What makes you smile? Have you thought about it? Please leave a comment, because I’d love to know and smile too!
Happiness is…. watching a puppy do puppy things.
The other day I was eating breakfast and I saw Lucy on the deck acting weird and jumping around. As I looked out the window, this is what I saw. -Continue Reading>
We woke up Friday morning to about a foot of snow. Finally. School was cancelled and the girls were E-X-C-I-T-E-D!! They were dreaming of sledding and snowmen and snowball fights and playing in their snow fort and hot chocolate and marshmallows and….KABLAM. That’s the sound of their dreams being crashed when I told them I was going to the eye doctor and they were coming with me. Yeah, I know. Awful Mommy. Lots of sad faces and foot stomping. -Continue Reading>
There’s nothing like the smile on a child’s face, simple and pure. Our girls were soooo excited to see their new snow boots arrive in the mail AND to find a pair that fit. Happiness is …. new snow bootsand to play in the fresh snow.
Happiness is… my 6 year old daughter who wants to flop in my lap, because she is tired but I’m in the middle of paying bills and I have 15 minutes to get it done before the school bus comes. And I really need 25 minutes to get it done.